RIIHAN309F Conduct telescopic materials handler operations
MAC Training Solutions provides you with outstanding Nationally Recognised Unit of Competency Telehandler Training Courses and assessment services to businesses throughout QLD and individuals with their own Telehandler via self-paced learning.
RIIHAN309F - Conduct Telescopic Materials Handler Operations describes the skills and knowledge required to conduct telescopic materials handler operations. This unit applies to those working in site-based roles and requires the completion of telescope materials handler operations that safely, effectively, and efficiently follow workplace procedures to carry out work activity on at least two occasions.
In this unit, the candidate must be able to:
- locate and apply required documentation, policies, and procedures;
- select and wear personal protective equipment required for work activities;
- apply safe work practices, identifying and reporting potential hazards and environmental issues, and assess risks;
- access, interpret and apply technical information; and,
- apply fault-finding techniques.
This Certified Telehandler Training is delivered flexibly - offering learning with minimal impact on your valuable time. Learning pathways available for completing this qualification include traditional learning pathways, recognition of prior learning (RPL) recognition of current competence (RCC) pathway, a coached/ RPL pathway, and a distance learning pathway.
Essentially, his qualification is designed to meet the needs of civil construction supervisors, including selecting contractors, overseeing the work and its quality, and liaising with the client.
Course Title & Code
RIIHAN309 Conduct Telescopic Materials Handler Operations
Entry to this program is available to new or existing employees who are employed in the civil construction and maintenance industry and registered under the contract of training. The satisfactory completion of year 10 (Qld) or its equivalent is the minimum educational requirement.
Self-paced study or we come to you
Our trainers are highly qualified with decades of industry experience & knowledge.
Statement of Attainment for the unit of competency
You may be eligible for government funding for up to 100% of this course cost.
Nationally Recognised Training Course
These are the following elements that describe the essential outcomes for this unit:
- Plan and prepare for telescopic materials handler operations.
- Operate telescopic materials handler in line with established requirements.
- Attach, secure, lift, carry and place materials to complete work activity.
- Select, remove, fit and use attachments for a telescopic materials handler.
- Relocate the telescopic materials handler.
- Conduct housekeeping activities.
Mandatory conditions for the assessment of this unit are stipulated below. The assessment must:
- include access to telescopic materials handler, attachments, and personal protective equipment;
- be conducted in a safe environment;
- be assessed in context of this sector's work environment;
- be assessed in compliance with relevant legislation/regulation and using policies, procedures, processes, and operational manuals directly related to the industry sector for which it is being assessed; and,
- confirm consistent performance can be applied in a range of relevant workplace circumstances.
Where personal safety or environmental damage are limiting factors, assessment may occur in a simulated work environment* provided it is realistic and sufficiently rigorous to cover all aspects of this sector’s workplace performance, including environment, task skills, task management skills, contingency management skills and job role environment skills.
For those new to the Telescopic Materials Handler Operations industry, it is expected that participants in this program will complete their qualification within a twelve month period. For those with Telescopic Materials Handler Operations industry experience already they will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their experience and can receive RPLs for most if not all of the course.
All course delivery is based on self-paced study. Face to face delivery is available within organisations for groups of 8 or more.
Certificate IV in Civil Construction Supervision is designed for those people who are working in independent and self-managing roles in civil construction. Roles may include:
- Site foreman or supervisors
- Team leaders
- Contract administrators
There are no pre-requisites for this Telescopic Materials Handler Operations training program, however civil construction work experience is desirable, and it is not possible to demonstrate competence unless working in the industry.
Participants are required to undertake a number of assessment activities, including:
- Lodgement of an up-to-date CV;
- Completion of a third party report;
- Various work-based assessment tasks; and
- Completion of written question and answers.
Assessment for the Certificate IV in Civil Construction Supervision is against the competency standards within the Resources and Infrastructure Industry Training Package (RII09). Participants can expect to spend about 60 hours undertaking assessment tasks.
An estimate of costs can be provided on request, but fees will only be confirmed when you enrol for the Telescopic Materials Handler Operations training. If you are currently employed within the Queensland building and construction industry you may be eligible to have your current skills and knowledge recognised which means you could obtain your official qualification very easily and at no cost through CSQ (Construction Skills Queensland) provided funding.
Assessment by portfolio and interview is available to those with workplace experience in civil construction roles such as Telescopic Materials Handler Operations. This approach requires the participant to furnish substantial evidence of administration and coordination experience along with a signed reference from a team leader or manager.
REQUEST A CALL BACK
Decided on your perfect course?
Start the next steps towards your idea future by enquiring now. We'll be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your application and guide you through our enrolment process.